TED Spyder 20 Offers
If adding SPYDER to an existing TED Pro system, you will need to update your firmware to accommodate the SPYDER
MTU vs Spyder
- ‘MTU' stands for "Measuring Transmitting Unit"
- An installed MTU (in a residence) will typically have 2 CTs (Current Transformers) - more CTs in 3-phase systems
- A TED system requires at least one MTU to operate
- A TED System can support up to 4 MTUs
- MTUs are accurate to within +/- 1%
- MTUs sample energy-data at a rate of 8,000 times per second, take the average, and transmit that data each second to the ECC (Energy Control Center)
- An MTU will post one measurement every one second - which is the combined measurement of the 2 CTs (generally connected to the MAIN circuits). If there is a Spyder connected to the MTU, the Spyder measurements will post as independent data
- Data posted includes voltage, power factor, kW.
- Spyder is an add-on component for an MTU in the TED Pro Series (will not work on TED5000 series)
- You must have a Pro series MTU in order to have a Spyder. Spyder connects to the MTU
- Spyder packages are available with a variety of CT sizes. See Spyder under the PRODUCTS tab for details
- Spyder accuracy at <7% error
- A displayed load will be shown for each individual CT connected to the Spyder. For example, if you have eight CTs connected to your Spyder, you will be able to view each one of the eight as individual readings
- Spyder software provides the option to view each circuit-data individually, or sum specific circuit-measurements; i.e. if you have 3 circuits in a sub-panel that go to a mother-in-law apartment, the Spyder software can sum the 3 circuits to show a total-load for the mother-in-law apartment
- One MTU will support 2 Spyders (16 individual circuit measurements)
- One TED System will support up to 4 Spyders (32 individual circuit measurements) in any combination, with maximum of two Spyders per MTU
- Spyder measurements are not added to Footprints Dashboard monthly calculations. All Spyder data is summarized under the Spyder tab on the Dashboard
- Data includes month-to-date kWh, $, and % of total household load
- Data can be graphed as well as downloaded to a spreadsheet
- Spyder will display a zero-load (‘off') until the circuit-load reaches a minimum threshold (see Spyder Specifications)
- Spyder data is posted every one-minute (the MTU-data is posted every one second)
What's included with the TED Spyder 20
- Circuit Monitoring Tool
- Eight 20A donut CTs
Click on a category to view a selection of compatible accessories with the TED Spyder 20 Circuit Monitoring Tool.
Use if service is over 1200A, more than 3 conductors per phase, or rectangular bus bars; choose flexible CT based on amperage or length required to encircle conductors or bus bars.
5000amp Rogowski Coil for use with the TED Pro.
This 200amp CT has a max of 4/0 AWG/15mmOD.
Designed for measuring any load on a 20A-60A circuit that is greater than 500W.
Designed for measuring any load on a 15A or 20A circuit that is greater than 100W.
Used where extra length is required on CT cables. Three (3) to a pack. 80 inches in length.
Review the The Energy Detective Spyder 20
data-description="The 20A CTs are more sensitive to smaller loads than the larger-rated CTs. You will be able to monitor eight (8) individual circuits of 20Amps or less.">